Hall School Student Book Reviews

tackling middle school one book at time!

I Survived The Children’s Blizzard, 1888

March14

I Survived The Children’s Blizzard, 1888 by Lauren Tarshis

John was used to living in the city.  He moved to Dakota when his parents saw an opportunity to have a farm. The land was free, his parents were happy, but John hated it. At school nobody talks to him except for Franny. Then, a blizzard cloud was coming in fast. John was headed toward the soddy, faster then ever. The storm got him, but he made it back to the soddy, he was safe.

That was the start, winter was coming early, people said. The birds flew early, and the temparature was cold. The people in John’s family went and fed the animals in the high snow. Nobody knew what was coming next. A day comes when it is warm and John gets sent back to school.

Another cloud rolls in, snowing harder then the last one. Then rescue arrives, John hops on and the horse gets hit by a piece of the school roof, WHAM! The horse knocks off the driver and starts running wild. John jumps off with the other boys he made friends with, but will he make it to safety before the cold gets him?

by posted under 5Ga | 5 Comments »    
5 Comments to

“I Survived The Children’s Blizzard, 1888”

1. March 19th, 2018 at 1:18 pm      Reply brotatochip Says:

I liked your starting sentence

2. March 19th, 2018 at 1:22 pm      Reply brady5g Says:

Nice, gave me some intense spine chills.

3. March 19th, 2018 at 1:28 pm      Reply milenav Says:

I like your book and details.

4. March 23rd, 2018 at 1:11 pm      Reply atti.k Says:

wow, nice sound effect! I think that book would be a good one for me. I do read the I SURVIVED series!

5. March 23rd, 2018 at 1:18 pm      Reply iamnotadamk Says:

Nice review,this sounds like a very good book. I’ll read this book if I see it. I like the I Survived series!

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar